Robert H Kleinschmidt, Attorney
DEDICATED TO GIVING A VOICE TO THOSE SERIOUSLY INJURED OR KILLED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF OTHERS
Robert H. Kleinschmidt earned his B.S. degree in 1979 from the University of Illinois and his J.D. degree in 1982 from the John Marshall Law School. With 25 years of litigation experience, he is an accomplished trial attorney who focuses his practice in the areas of Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Surgical Error; and other serious injuries caused by the negligence of others. He has a passion for children and served for several years as the Chairman of the Board of Gompers Rehabilitation Center, a rehabilitation center for seriously disabled children and adults.
He is a published author with The Arizona Trial Lawyers Association on "The Right to Videotape Depositions". He is a member of the State Bar of Arizona; the Maricopa County and Scottsdale Bar Associations; The American Association for Justice (formerly known as The Association of Trial Lawyers of America) where he is a member of the Birth Trauma Litigation Group, Professional Negligence Group, and the Nursing Home Litigation Group; the Arizona Trial Lawyers Association; and the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and a lifetime member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum Top Trial Lawyers in AmericaTM. He has created new law in the State of Arizona and has several reported cases used in legal journals.
Mr. Kleinschmidt's office is conveniently located off of the 101 and Via de Ventura in Scottsdale, Arizona. From the first telephone call to our office and throughout your case, you will receive the personal attention of Mr. Kleinschmidt and his staff. Unlike other offices where you speak with an associate, you will speak with and have direct contact with Mr. Kleinschmidt. He will be available to answer all of your questions concerning your case. We understand the personal, emotional, and financial stresses that are put on families when a loved one is injured and we will be with you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on our personal service to our clients. We also understand that no two cases are alike and because of that, we have a strong network of experts and consultants who are preeminent in their fields who can testify regarding the exact issues in your case. Unlike other firms, your case is personal to us and Mr. Kleinschmidt has a unique perspective because he spent the first five (5) years of his practice defending those he now pursues for negligence. He understands how the "other side" thinks and is ready to meet every challenge presented.
Our clients continue to be our best references:
"Our paths united together in a journey of belief and determination. . . . Your ongoing dedication, belief, sincerity and determination has done more than any words can describe." C.B.
". . . thank you from the bottom of my heart for all that you've done for me and my family. You were more than just my lawyer, but also a very warm and caring person too. . . .I'll never forget all you've done." R.D.
"No words can express my thanks to you for all the hard work, dedication and kindness you've shown. I will always remember you. Keep doing what you did for me for others." C.E.
Our office is results based. Below are some representative cases handled by our firm.
Medical Negligence and Malpractice
* Negligent injection of air during cardiac catheterization causing severe brain damaging * Obstetric negligence - tear from vagina to anus of breech infant while in mother's uterus during delivery * Delay in diagnosis of Hodgkin's disease resulting in death * Misdiagnosed infection leading to leg amputation * Failure to diagnose testicular cancer
Birth Injury And Trauma
* Many birth trauma cases involving severe brain injuries * Uterine rupture resulting in fetal death * Uterine rupture resulting in brain damage to child
Surgical and Anesthesia Errors
* Simple appendectomy on middle-aged man, resulting in profound brain injury due to anesthesia negligence/error * Surgical error cautery gun next to oxygen tank causing flash fire to patient's fact * Surgical error heart net left inside patient causing cardiac arrest * Plastic surgical error botched abdominoplasty causing open, gaping football sized abdominal wound * Physician contaminated anesthesia medication causing severe reaction and near death to several patients
Child Injuries - (In addition to many birth trauma cases involving brain injuries)
* Misdiagnosis of infection (Pseudomembranous Colitis) in a 10-year old child, causing death * Pediatric negligence misdiagnosed hole in heart resulting in infant death * Dog bite 10 year old child mauled by pit bull
Drug Related Injuries
* Contamination of the drug L-Tryptophan resulting in scleroderma and auto-immune disease
* Automobile accident resulting in multi-level spinal fractures * Trucking accident C-4 quadriplegia and brain injury from the sideswipe of a semi-truck * Motorcycle accident 38 year old Native American resulting in neck fracture * Automobile accident resulting in brain hemorrhage of an 18 year-old student
The Law Office of Robert H. Kleinschmidt, P.C represents clients throughout the State of Arizona including: Phoenix; Glendale; Peoria; Avondale; Goodyear; Litchfield Park; Scottsdale; Tempe; Mesa; Chandler; Gilbert; Queen Creek; Tucson; Nogales; Yuma; Kingman; Lake Havasu; Winslow; Page; Safford; Flagstaff; Prescott; and Prescott Valley.
Medical Marijuana DUI: Court Rules Prosecutors Must Prove Drivers "Under the Influence"
Discussing the Michigan Supreme Court's recent decision in Peo v Koon which states that medical marijuana users must be "under the influence" before being convicted of OWI.
by Jared Austin