Ask A Lawyer

Tell Us Your Case Information for Fastest Lawyer Match!

Please include all relevant details from your case including where, when, and who it involoves.
Case details that can effectively describe the legal situation while also staying concise generally receive the best responses from lawyers.

By submitting this lawyer request, I confirm I have read and agree to the Consent to Receive Email, Phone, Text Messages, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy. Information provided may not be privileged or confidential.

Friedrich-Wilhelm University | Berlin, Germany


Friedrich-Wilhelm University View All Law Schools

  • Location: Bebelpl. 2
  • Parent School: Humbolt University of Berlin
  • Year Founded: 1810
  • Enrollment: 0

The Humboldt University of Berlin (German: Humboldt-Universit?t zu Berlin, HU Berlin) is one of Berlin's oldest universities, founded on 15 October 1810 as the University of Berlin (Universit?t zu Berlin) by the liberal Prussian educational reformer and linguist Wilhelm von Humboldt, whose University model has strongly influenced other European and Western universities. From 1828 it was known as the Frederick William University (Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universit?t), and later (unofficially) also as the Universit?t unter den Linden after its location in the former palace of Prince Henry of Prussia (1726?1802) which his brother, King Frederick II, had built for him between 1748 and 1753 on the avenue Unter den Linden. In 1949, it changed its name to Humboldt-Universit?t in honour of both its founder Wilhelm and his brother, geographer Alexander von Humboldt. In 2012, the Humboldt University of Berlin was one of eleven German universities to win in the German Universities Excellence Initiative, a national competition for universities organized by the German Federal Government. The University has educated 29 Nobel Prize winners and is considered one of the most prestigious universities in Europe overall as well as one of the most prestigious universities worldwide for arts and humanities.

Don't see your Year? Call 800-620-0200 or Submit Inquiry