Andrew Stein | Bellflower Criminal Lawyer
Andrew Marc Stein
- Free Consultation✓
- No Misconduct Found✓
- Accepts Lawyer Referrals✓
- Reviews Pro Bono Cases✓
Andrew M. Stein has been practicing law for over thirty years and has specialized in the area of criminal law and civil rights. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology from the State University of New York in 1975. He went on to earn his law degree from the University of San Diego, School of Law in 1978. To date, Andrew M. Stein has successfully tried over 200 cases to verdict! Throughout his career, Andrew M. Stein has earned a reputation for being a top defender in the legal community and earned the respect of his peers and top judges throughout Southern California. He is the man that cops love to hate, but call when they need help! He is a firm believer that "cross-examination is the vehicle to truth".
Andrew M. Stein remains active in the legal community and continues to maintain his post-graduate training by regularly attending seminars to stay up to date with the most current law. He also belongs to numerous associations including the American Bar Association, (Criminal Law Section), California Public Defenders Association, and the Los Angeles County Bar Association, (Law Enforcement and Justice Committee).
He is also a sustaining member of the Criminal Courts Bar Association, California Attorneys for Criminal Justice, and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. He also serves a current Board of Director for the Los Angeles Criminal Courts Bar Association and even served as its 55th President in 2008. Among his many accomplishments, Andrew M. Stein was presented with the “Lawyer of the Year” award in 2000 by the Southeast Bar Association.
|Attorney||Law Office of Andrew M. Stein||N/A||Present|
|University of San Diego School of Law||Law School||N/A|
|State University of New York||BA||Sociology||1975|
|State / Court||Date|
- American Bar Association
California Public Defenders Association
Los Angeles County Bar Association
Criminal Courts Bar Association
California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Honors & Awards
- “Lawyer of the Year”, 2000, Southeast Bar Association.
1. People v. Johnny T.: The defendant was charged with assaulting his baby and causing great bodily injury to the child. The defendant was on federal probation at the time. The prosecutors expert testified that the defendant was guilty. On cross-examination, Mr. Stein got the expert to say the defendant was possibly NOT GUILTY. Based on this, the judge found the defendant NOT GUILTY.
2. People vs. Omar G.: NOT GUILTY. The defendant was charged with Murder with Special Circumstances, making the defendant eligible for the DEATH PENALTY. The case was tried TWICE. The first time the jury came back with a hung verdict, 10 to 2, guilty and at the second trial, Mr. Stein got a NOT GUILTY VERDICT IN THREE HOURS!
3. People v. Arturo C.: NOT GUILTY MURDER 1 and 2, PLEA TO MANSLAUGHTER. The defendant was charged with murder. He allegedly shot an unarmed gang member. The defendant claimed he feared for his life.The jury found the defendant NOT GUILTY OF BOTH FIRST AND SECOND DEGREE MURDER! The defendant pled to the less offense of manslaughter.
4. People vs. Larry N.: NOT GUILTY. The defendant was charged with manslaughter. The defendant shot an unarmed man who was verbally threatening him. The defendant confessed on video-tape. He was still found NOT GUILTY.
5. People vs. Wayne K. NOT GUILTY. The defendant was a Sunday school teacher is who was falsely accused of CHILD MOLESTATION. The defendant was innocent but nobody would listen to the evidence. The trial was scheduled to commence right before Christmas. The defendant had already spent nine months in jail. After the trial commenced and Mr. Stein's vigorous cross-examination of the victims, the District Attorney conceded the defendant's innocence and told the judge to find our client NOT GUILTY.
Andrew Stein has been a Premium Member since June 05, 2015.
Lawyers with longer memberships tend to have more experience so we use the Membership date to help prioritize lawyer listings on search pages.
|Verified Credentials||Date Verified|
|(1978) Licensed as Attorney in California. Verified with California Bar Association.||June 05, 2015|
Above credentials have been verified independently by Lawyer.com.
As a service to our visitors and members, Lawyer.com displays the credentials for Premium Lawyer Profiles which Lawyer.com has independently verified. These are displayed at the at the 'Verified Credentials' tab. Lawyer.com independently verifies these credentials when a lawyer signs up for a Premium Lawyer Profile. Each Premium Profile lawyer also certifies that they are licensed to practice as an attorney in their state, that they are in good standing with their applicable bar, and that they will notify Lawyer.com if this changes while they have an active profile.
Fee:Call regarding fee structure.
9944 Flower St
Bellflower, CA 90706
Serving Bellflower, California and the surrounding area.
Lawyer.com has verified the credentials of this lawyer. To recommend or link to this lawyer as a trusted attorney.