David John Betras
David John Betras
Felony, DUI-DWI, Litigation, Traffic, CriminalYoungstown, OH 44503 (Mahoning County)
Criminal, Accident & Injury, Divorce & Family Law, Bankruptcy & Debt, BusinessSharon, PA 16146 (Mercer County)
Criminal, DUI-DWI, Traffic, Juvenile LawRavenna, OH 44266 (Portage County)
Divorce, Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, CriminalRavenna, OH 44266 (Portage County)
DUI-DWI, Felony, Misdemeanor, Divorce, Car AccidentCanton, OH 44702 (Stark County)
Real Estate, Bankruptcy & Debt, Banking & Finance, Workout, TransactionsAkron, OH 44308 (Summit County)
Criminal, Divorce & Family Law, Foreclosure, Child Custody, Lawsuit & DisputeMassillon, OH 44646 (Stark County)
Employment, Business, Lawsuit & Dispute, Accident & Injury, EstateCranberry Twp, PA 16066 (Butler County)
Attorney David Betras is the Senior Partner at Betras, Maruca, Kopp & Harshman, LLC, and directs the firm's non-litigation activities. His primary responsibility includes resolving clients' personal injury and medical malpractice claims prior to commencing a lawsuit. David also practices criminal defense on both the state and federal levels.
David graduated Cum Laude from Youngstown State University with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Applied Science in 1982. He attended law school at Capital University, where he was elected to the Order of the Curia. He graduated Cum Laude and earned a Juris Doctor degree in 1985. While in law school, David won American Jurisprudence Awards for his demonstrated excellence in the subjects of Torts and Wills and Estates.
David began his legal career as an attorney with Betras & Betras in 1985. As such, David was actively involved in case management, research and the drafting of opinions and orders. In 1992, David became a founding member in the law firm of Betras & Dann. He became a founding partner in Betras, Maruca & Kopp, LLC. in 1998.
David's reputation and ability were acknowledged in October of 1998 when he was appointed to serve as Special Prosecutor of the Mahoning County Fraud Probe.
David is a member of the Mahoning and Trumbull County Bar Associations, the American Bar Association, Ohio Bar Association, Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers, and American Association for Justice. His professional achievements include:
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of Ohio (November 1985)
- Admitted to the Northern District of Ohio District Court (December 1985)
- Admitted to the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals (December 1992)
- Admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court (September 1992)
- Licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania (February 1993)
- Former President of Mahoning-Trumbull Counties Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Former Interim Director for the Mahoning County Child Support Enforcement Agency
- Former Compliance Officer for Mahoning County Child Support Enforcement Agency
- Former Professor, Youngstown State University
- Guest Lecturer at both national and statewide seminars for various groups
- Board Certified in Criminal Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy (1999).
|Capital University Law School Juris Doctor||Law School||N/A|
|Youngstown State University Bachelor of Science||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|State / Court||Date|
|U.S. Supreme Court 1992||N/A|
|U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio 1985||N/A|
|U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit 1992||N/A|
6630 Seville Dr
Canfield, OH 44406