Atty. Edward Kraus
Attorney Edward Kraus is a Clinical Professor of Law at the Chicago-Kent College of Law in Chicago, Illinois. Since 1999, he has taught Health and Disability Law classes and has represented individuals in many cases involving complex health and disability matters. Before joining the faculty at Chicago-Kent College of Law, Mr. Kraus served as an attorney at the law firm of Plotkin, Jacobs, & Orlofsky, Ltd., focusing on civil litigation and consumer class actions in Chicagoland.
Mr. Kraus is the director of the Vaccine Injury Litigation Clinic, where he represents those who have suffered from vaccination injuries. He served on the Advisory Commission of Childhood Vaccines from September 2011 to January 2017, where he was one of nine members who provided input regarding the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (NVICP).
Edward Kraus is an active member of the American Bar Association and the American Association for Justice. He has also been actively involved on the American Diabetes Association, Health & Disability Advocates, Advisory Commission on Childhood Vaccines, Department of Health & Human Services, and the Vaccine Committee of the Advisory Council to the U.S. Court of Federal Claims.
Mr. Kraus has been admitted to the Illinois Bar Association, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, the U.S. District Court, the Northern District of Illinois, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit. He is a proud graduate of Georgetown University Law Center.
|Clinical Professor of Law||Chicago-Kent College of Law||Chicago, IL||1999 - present|
|Policy Director||Jewish Council of Urban Affairs||Chicago, IL||1996 - 1997|
|Staff Attorney||Legal Action of Wisconsin||WI||1993 - 1996|
|Georgetown University Law Center||J.D.||Law School||1993|
|Georgetown University Law Center||J.D. (Cum Laude)||N/A||1993|
|University of Michigan||B.A.||English||1988|
|State / Court||Date|
- * American Bar Association
* American Association for Justice
Honors & Awards
- * May 2016, Panelist at the Unites States Court of Federal Claims Bar Conference on the topic of "Current Practice and Trends in Settlement and ADR in the Vaccine Program.
* September 2015, Presentation on the "Proposed Changes to the Vaccine Injury Table" at the Vaccine Injured Petitioner's Bar Conference in Washington, D.C.
* November 2011, "Advocating for the Rights of Students with Diabetes," Webinar sponsored by the National Disability Rights Network (training for attorneys).
* October 2010, "Assessment of Health Care Reform Act," panelist, sponsored by IIT-Chicago-Kent Health Law Society panelist, Chicago, Illinois.
* March 2010, Testimony to Senate Public Health Committee in support of the Care of Students with Diabetes Act, Springfield, Illinois.
* November 2009, "Fighting for Fairness: Ending Discrimination against Students and Workers with Diabetes" American Diabetes Association Conference, Atlanta, Georgia.
* June 2009, "Section 504 Eligibility Process: New Strategies, Information and Tools for School Advocates" American Diabetes Association Webinar.
* April 2008, "Disability, Diabetes and the Law," Speaker at Law School Symposium "Diabetes: Solutions for the 21st Century: Research Economics, Policy and Ethics."
* 2008-2010, Periodic Community Outreach Presentations with the American Diabetes Association concerning the legal rights of students with disabilities.
* Advisory Commission on Childhood Vaccines, Department of Health & Human Services, Member (Appointed by Sec. of HHS, 2011 - 2016)
* Member of the Vaccine Committee of the Advisory Council to the U.S. Court of Federal Claims (2015 - Present)
* Health & Disability Advocates, Board Member (2000 - 2013), Board President (2003 - 2005)
* American Diabetes Association, Community Leadership Board (2010 - 2014)
- * "What's behind the uptick in cases of whooping cough?" - http://www.vaccineinjurylawproject.com/vaccination-attorney/what-s-behind-the-uptick-in-cases-of-whooping-cough
* "Update: GlaxoSmithKline vaccine linked to increased incidence of narcolepsy in adults" - http://www.vaccineinjurylawproject.com/vaccination-attorney/update-glaxosmithkline-vaccine-linked-to-increased-incidence-of-narcolepsy-in-adults
* "U.S. Supreme Court Confirms Award of Attorney's Fees in Vaccine Injury Cases" - http://www.vaccineinjurylawproject.com/vaccination-attorney/u-s-supreme-court-confirms-award-of-attorney-s-fees-in-vaccine-injury-cases
* "GlaxoSmithKline vaccine linked to increased incidence of narcolepsy in children" - http://www.vaccineinjurylawproject.com/vaccination-attorney/glaxosmithkline-vaccine-linked-to-increased-incidence-of-narcolepsy-in-children
* "Vaccine Injury Attorney" - http://www.vaccineinjurylawproject.com/vaccination-attorney/vaccine-injury-attorney
Office Hours(Open Now)
IL State Lawyer Additional Information: Malpractice Insurance: In annual registration, attorney reported that he/she has malpractice coverage.
565 W Adams St
Chicago, IL 60661
To recommend or link to this lawyer as a trusted attorney.