Andrew J. Anderson | Colleyville Divorce & Family Lawyer
Andrew J. Anderson
Providing prompt, aggressive legal advice for clients in the Dallas / Fort Worth Metroplex.
- Law Office: Anderson Legal Group, P.C.
- Law School: Texas Wesleyan J.D. 2000
- Status: In Good Standing
- Licensed: 16 years
- Free Consultation✓
- No Misconduct Found✓
- Accepts Credit Cards✓
- Accepts Lawyer Referrals✓
- Reviews Pro Bono Cases✓
After practicing for almost a decade at well-respected Dallas law firms, Andrew J. Anderson decided to form Anderson Legal Group, P.C. The focus of the new firm was to assist clients in family law related matters (such as divorce, custody, adoptions, premarital agreements, wills and child support issues) and/or criminal defense matters. These particular cases are extremely stressful for the client and often plague clients until they are resolved. Mr. Anderson explains all options available to the clients, which empowers them to make good decisions during these difficult times.
Mr. Anderson supplemented his legal education with an extensive hearing and trial practice. Specifically, he has tried numerous cases before the Judges of Tarrant, Dallas, Denton, and Collin county courts. Further, Mr. Anderson often writes and presents seminars to teach other attorneys through the Texas Bar Association’s Continuing Legal Education programs. Mr. Anderson is also Board Certified in Family Law which is the highest award for specialized competence issued by the State Bar of Texas and has been recognized as a Super Lawyer since 2011.
Mr. Anderson represents clients by listening to their goals, and then creating a specifically tailored plan for achieving their goals as quickly as possible. He firmly believes that clients must be thoroughly informed, and then he strives to develop and present all possible options. When an attorney offers all possible options, along with the potential outcomes, it allows the client to make informed decisions about their case. Due to Mr. Anderson’s extensive courtroom experience, clients are confident that if their case cannot be resolved before trial, that Mr. Anderson will work to receive all possible relief from the Judge.
The majority of Mr. Anderson’s caseload involves complex divorce matters with substantial assets. Typically, these cases deal with businesses, Family Limited Partnerships, Sports Contracts, or complex benefits for officers of large corporations. Mr. Anderson structures the property transactions to obtain the best possible results for his clients. Often these complex divorce matters also have emotionally charged custody litigation. Mr. Anderson is able to objectively craft a plan to obtain as much time with the children as the client desires.
Mr. Anderson also represents clients in criminal matters. While typically these cases stem from divorce and family law litigation, this is not always the case. Specifically, Mr. Anderson deals with Federal and State authorities mainly dealing with charges regarding: drug possession, pornography, abduction, alcohol, sex offenses, assault and weapons charges.
Mr. Anderson is respected by Texas attorneys and judges. To evidence this, Mr. Anderson has received the highest peer review rating as established by Martindale-Hubble (for both ethics and legal competence). Further, Mr. Anderson is a member of the College of the State Bar of Texas which is a prestigious group of lawyers that pride themselves in exceeding the minimum requirements for continuing legal education.
|Associate Attorney||Bailey & Galyen||Irving, Texas||11/2002 - 6/2004|
|Associate Attorney||Diana S. Friedman, P.C.||Dallas, Texas||06/2004 - 02/2007|
|Senior Attorney||Anderson Legal Group, P.C.||Colleyville, Texas||02/2007 - Present|
|Associate Attorney||David A. Lopez & Associates, P.C.||Dallas, Texas||01/2001 - 11/2002|
|Texas Wesleyan University School of Law||J.D.||Law School||2000|
|Hardin-Simmons University||B.B.S.||Criminal Justice/Business/Poly Sci||05/1997|
|State / Court||Date|
|Eastern District of Texas||2007|
|United States Supreme Court||2007|
|Northern District of Texas||2001|
- Family Law Foundation, Annette Stewart American Inn of Court, Family Law Section for the State Bar of Texas, Criminal Law Section for the State Bar of Texas, Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Dallas and Tarrant County Bar Associations, Texas Bar Association, Dallas and Tarrant County Criminal and Family Law Bar Sections, Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
Honors & Awards
- AV Rated, Lead Counsel Rated, Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- The Practice of Law, March 8, 2007, TEXAS WESLEYAN SCHOOL OF LAW, Fort Worth, Texas (Speaker); Who Gets the Debts, or Worse, I’m Gonna File for Bankruptcy, 32ND ANNUAL ADVANCED FAMILY LAW COURSE, August 14–17, 2006, San Antonio, Texas, (Co-Authored); The Bankruptcy Reform Act of 2005: Why do they call it BARF?, 6TH ANNUAL FAMILY LAW ON THE FRONT LINES CONFERENCE, June 22-23, 2006, Galveston, Texas, (Co-Authored); Division of Closely Held Business Interests, NEW FRONTIERS IN MARITAL PROPERTY LAW, October 20-21, 2005, Scottsdale, Arizona, (Co-Authored); Temporary Hearings, Temporary Orders and Other Pre-Trial Matters, UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON LAW FOUNDATION’S FAMILY LAW PRACTICE SEMINAR, October 18, 2005, Dallas, Texas, (Speaker); Bankruptcy Reform for the Family Law Lawyer: New Code, New Day, 31ST ANNUAL ADVANCED FAMILY LAW COURSE, August 8–11, 2005, Dallas, Texas, (Co-Authored)
Andrew Anderson has been a Premium Member since December 05, 2012.
Lawyers with longer memberships tend to have more experience so we use the Membership date to help prioritize lawyer listings on search pages.
|Verified Credentials||Date Verified|
|(2000) Licensed as Attorney in Texas. Verified with Texas State Bar .||December 14, 2015|
Above credentials have been verified independently by Lawyer.com.
As a service to our visitors and members, Lawyer.com displays the credentials for Premium Lawyer Profiles which Lawyer.com has independently verified. These are displayed at the at the 'Verified Credentials' tab. Lawyer.com independently verifies these credentials when a lawyer signs up for a Premium Lawyer Profile. Each Premium Profile lawyer also certifies that they are licensed to practice as an attorney in their state, that they are in good standing with their applicable bar, and that they will notify Lawyer.com if this changes while they have an active profile.
The majority of the family law cases that our attorneys handle deal with divorce, child custody, modifications, complex property division (including division of professional athlete compensation packages, pensions, retirement benefits, family businesses, corporate stock options), child support, premarital agreements, tracing, visitation, and/or adoptions. While criminal cases include: DWI/DWLS, assaults, theft, weapon offenses, drug cases and federal crimes.
Fee:We work hard to help people. As such, we have different levels of attorneys to serve you. Please contact our office for a no obligation free consultation to see if we are a good fit for you.