6 Shocking Statistics About Car Accidents in the US
Accident & Injury Accident & Injury Car Accident Accident & Injury Personal Injury
Summary: Car accidents in the country may not seem that bad until you look up the numbers. Let's consider a few shocking car accident statistics that will likely change your perspective of car accidents in the US.
Ever heard of the phrase," become a statistic?" If you have, you certainly understand there's nothing pretty about becoming a statistic. This holds especially true if the discussion is about car accident statistics.
Car accidents in the country may not seem that bad until you look up the numbers. Let's consider a few shocking car accident statistics that will likely change your perspective of car accidents in the US.
Distracted driving is the most common cause of car accidents in the US, accounting for 80% of all accidents. Other major causes are fatigue and harsh weather conditions.
Remember this statistic the next time you want to text your friend while driving.
Car Accident Deaths
Everyone knows how fatal accidents can be, but it's hard to imagine they cause 38,000 plus deaths every year. That's a whopping 12.4 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants.
Car Accident Injuries
More than 4.4 million people get injured in car accidents every year. Unfortunately, if you're not too careful, you too could end up being injured in a car accident. Thankfully, you can generally pursue an injury claim with help from your lawyer to help ease the financial burden of your injuries.
Car Accidents Deaths (Again)
Did you know that accidents, including car accidents, are the fourth-leading cause of deaths in the US? That's why you should exercise extreme caution every time you hit the road.
You would think that putting on a seatbelt when you get in a car is a natural instinct for most people, but the numbers disagree.
You may be surprised to learn that passengers in more than 55% of car accidents weren't wearing seatbelts. Keep in mind that seatbelts reduce the probability of death in an accident by 45%, according to the CDC.
Anytime you're riding in a car, take the responsibility of reminding everyone to put on their seatbelts. Who knows, you might just save a life.
Car Accidents and Gender
Did you know that men are more likely to die or become injured in car accidents than women? However, regardless of your gender, always obey traffic rules and be extremely careful when traveling on the road.
St. Louis Car Accident Lawyer
Have you been injured in a car accident caused by a negligent driver? You might be eligible for compensation. Our attorneys are here and ready to help. Call The Hoffmann Law Firm 24/7 at (314) 361-4242 for a free case evaluation.
Legal Articles Additional Disclaimer